1. Application for Account Clerk
Having heard from one of my friends that you need an accounts clerk’ in your office, I offer my services for the post and hope that you will give me an opportunity of proving my worth to you.
The following are my qualifications which I hope you will find satisfactory:
Age, 29 years.
Education: I am a commerce graduate from [university name] with first division
Experience: For the last 5 years I am working in a private company dealing in electrical goods. I am familiar with making an invoice, writing of sales ledger, con-versant income tax matters and independent correspondence connected with above.
Reference: I am enclosing copies of certificates from the principal of my school, from the principal of the college and from an M.P.A.
Salary: I am at present getting a total salary of [Amount] per month and shall be glad to accept a minimum salary of [Amount] per month.
It hardly needs to mention here that I belong to a very respectable family. I hope you will kindly give me an appointment for an interview. I assure you that I shall do my best to satisfy you in every way.
2. Letter of Appointment
With reference to your personal interview of [Date], we are pleased to appoint you to the post of a [Designation] in our office, on the following terms and conditions.
- That you will report for duty immediately and in no case later than [date].
- That your pay scale will be [Amount]-[Amount]-[Amount] E.B. [Amount]-[Amount] plus other allowances as permissible under company rules.
- That you will be on probation for a period of 5 months from the date of joining. During this period either party can terminate the contract by giving one day’s notice. After completion of this successfully, you will be taken on the regular role the company and will be able to leave the company either by giving one month’s written notice or one month’s pay likewise, the company will also be bound to give you either one month’s written notice or one month’s pay, in case it wants to terminate your service.
- Nature of duties will be the same as discussed in the interview. A copy is again enclosed.
3. Requesting for an Increase in Salary
I have been in your service for the last seven years and I am at present drawing a monthly salary of [Amount] during this period I have worked honestly and earnestly and have picked up A to Z work of my department. A number of suggestions given by me have been successfully implemented for the benefit of the firm.
I feel that my qualification and experience justify a higher salary and I have already been offered a monthly salary of [Amount] by another firm.
My present job is interesting and I fully enjoy the atmosphere of my department. I have therefore on intention to leave my existing job, but on the other hand, cannot afford to lose the other offer unless some improvement in my present salary can be arranged.
I shall be glad to have your considerate reply otherwise I feel I will have to accept the other offer made to me.
4. Resigning From the Job
As my family is shifting to its native place where we want to carry on with our farming, it will not be possible for me to carry on with my job and hence I hereby submit a notice of one month and request you to please relive me of my present duties.
All my accounts may please be settled before I leave the job.
Replay to Above
With reference to your letter dated ——/———-/—————, I am pleased to inform you that you will be relieved of your duties from the afternoon of date —–/—–/———